The Perfect Pilates Environment - Studio Etiquette
Here at Concord Pilates, we strive to offer a warm, welcoming, and focused ambiance and community. To assure everyone’s comfort and convenience and to assist in classes running smoothly, please follow these guidelines:
- Please stop by the office upon your arrival.
- Please remove your outdoor shoes before entering the studio. We provide shoe mats and cubbies in the office so that we can keep our beautiful cork floor clean!
- If you do not have your own Pilates mat, we can provide one for you. Pilates mats need to be a minimum of ⅝ inch thick to support your spine adequately.
- We offer complimentary towels.
- Be sure to inform the instructor before class of any injuries or limiting conditions you may have.
- Arrive 10 minutes early for your first session so you have time to fill out a consent form.
- Wear comfortable, fitted clothing that allows for ease of movement. Loose shirts can get in the way.
- Please practice either with bare feet or in socks with grips on the bottom. Our cork floor is too slippery in regular socks.
- Refrain from eating one hour before coming to class.
- Please do not wear any perfumes or scents in the studio.
- Please turn off all cell phones and beepers and electronic devices.
- Please make every effort to arrive on time to change, set up your mat, gather your props, and chat with the other lovely folks before class.
- Concord Pilates is also a teacher training facility. Please note that, on occasion, trainees will observe and assist in classes & sessions.